Tuesday, September 18, 2007

No rain in sight

I was lucky enough to be on a late today so I thought I would go for my daily trek down the river, I even managed to get enough enthusiasm to jog for a very short distance (very short i might add, have to remember I'm off to work later.) To my surprise there seemed to be lots more sand and less water, a bit frightning although to be expected since it doesn't know how to rain here anymore. Once again the predictions for rain today has not come true but then the day is not yet over. I often wonder about how in other part of the world there is floods, cyclones and tsunamis devastating peoples lives and yet we can't manage to get a few millimeters of rain. On a positive note there has been word that when a certain Blackbox tree starts growing it's a good sign that rain is coming. We will wait and see what may happen !!!!

No comments: